Sunday, August 8, 2010

I can be picky about birthday presents.

Seriously. And here's why...

Big heavy box. Very heavy.
A collaborative gift from Madman and our two daughters.

The only marking on the box was an address in Oklahoma. No help there.
Finally got one end of the box open. I could see wood, but couldn't get the object out of the box.
Did I mention it was heavy?
So I cut open the other end, and pushed.

What the? A coffin for garter snakes?


But wait. Let's get a closer look at the interesting end. I had an inkling at this point. Do you?

Open the latch, lift the lid, and...


It's a handmade wool picker. And not the scary pendulum kind. (You know, the do-it-yourself mastectomy kit.)
Best. Present. Ever.
Now I've just got to go wash some more fleece...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Diane said...

Woot! You're right, this looks a lot less threatening.

Bullwinkle said...

Yay!!

(Yup. Definitely less lethal.)

Becky said...

How does it work? Happy birthday again, BTW.

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Happy Borthday!! (a day late, I think). Enjoy your new "toy"!

Laurie said...

WOW. That is some present! I didn't even know that existed. Happy indeed!!

Cookie said...

How wonderful!

Happy Birthday!

xo

Anna M said...

Very cool!

Hippo Bird Day to Ewe!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday!! That looks pretty cool, do you think you could post some action shots of it?

Cathy said...

I saw this picture of your Kaydessa wool picker and I just had to say to a fellow wool enthusiast that I also have a Kaydessa that I bought this summer and I love it to death! I have used swing pickers but I find that I use this much more because I don't have to "gear up" with leather armor, lol. And I do find that it makes very short work of picking.