Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Carding up a storm

So I started carding the gray alpaca. (Is anyone surprised?) I'm using the hand cards, since I don't feel like fighting with the drum carder. Maybe tomorrow...
I've only got a few little bumps carded so far, but they look like light fluffy clouds. Well, rain clouds, anyway. My fingers are itching to start spinning, but I want to get a bit more carded first. Patience... *sigh*

And here's a good one:
When I went for an eye exam to get new glasses recently, the optometrist didn't like the look of my optic nerves. There was an oddness. He scheduled me for some tests, since that oddness could mean either of two things: a) it's normal for me or b) it's an early sign of glaucoma.
I had the tests this morning. There's no glaucoma in my family, and turns out that I don't have it either. I just have weird-looking optic nerves.
The final results - weird is my normal.
I could have told him that...

5 comments:

pacalaga said...

I really need that on a t-shirt. And almost everyone on Knitvana does too.

margene said...

Weird is a good way to be. Look at all the normal crazies out there!

Anna M said...

It's actually a bit irritating all the new tests the eye docs have gotten in the past few years. I've got a freckle on one optic nerve and some sort of realllllly wierd disease that means I'll go blind around 100. I need to go but am dreading the new doc routine telling me I'm a freak. Plus they are going to want to sell me bifocals and that's just WRONG! I'm NOT that old *lolol*

Cookie said...

Thank goodness it's just the normal weirdness show it's face.

Wanna see the fluff!

Laurie said...

Ha! Better to be normally weird than...never mind.