Sunday, January 18, 2009

Where is Thumbkin?

Where is Thumbkin? Where is Thumbkin?


Here I am! Here I am!

How are you today, sir? Very well, I thank you.

Run away. Run away.

The knitting is done. Just the ends left to weave in. Do you think I can convince my daughter that the dangley bits are a traditional folk finish? Perhaps known as lazy tassles?
No, I didn't think so, either...


And does anyone remember what ancient TV show featured the Thumbkin song? Captain Kangaroo? Romper Room? I remember sitting in front of the TV as a small child, happily singing all the verses: Thumbkin, Pointer, Tall Man, Ring Man, and Pinkie.
And I remember learning a valuable lesson: Never show Mom Tall Man unless she can actually hear you singing the song...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so funny! I was just thinking that there were a remarkable number of ends.

Anonymous said...

Aww, I remember singing that song! I think I learned it at nursery school. Good times....

p.s. love the gloves!

Joansie said...

The gloves are beautiful! I've never knitted gloves before so you have inspired me.