Monday, December 1, 2008

Well, as long as I'm in the habit...

It's been a real mitt-fest lately.
Lest anyone think I started a new pair of Selbu gloves without finishing the first ones:
Here they are! I still have to weave in a bunch of ends, but I typically have to wait for the mood to strike, then maniacally weave and weave and weave. If I try to push it, it just leads to tragedy...
I've also got these fingerless mitts going. The plan is to pick up stitches across the backs at the base of the fingers, and turn them into convertible mittens.
I knit this as a proto-type last spring. I was trying to get the ribbing on the top part to mimic the ribbing on the bottom. Though what I'm actually ending up with sort of looks like a fish...
It looks much better on my hand. (Though it would be a lot easier to model if I had finished the thumb.)


The clock is ticking down to Christmas. I'm probably going to wish I had chosen to knit hats...

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love those hunter's mittens. I have three patterns for them, and haven't knit a one. Am casting on for Fiddlehead, though. I really like your snowflake motifs.

Unknown said...

Warm fish though! I need fingerless mitts but I'm addicted to spinning at the moment. Maybe next month *g*

Joansie said...

Gorgeous!!!