Saturday, July 14, 2018

Here we go again

So, there I was, just minding my own business, when our dear friend Cathy posted another one of her wonderful WIPs.

I was smitten.

But of course I'm not going to start another project.

Of course.

But there was no harm in just making one little bitty component of it, right?  Just as a reminder for when I do want to start another project someday.  Not today, because I'm not going to start a new project today.

Since this month's RSC color is red, I naturally reached for a bit of red and made the one and only hourglass unit.  Just as a test.  It could totally be a future RSC block.


But, you know, one thing leads to another.


And maybe two more.


And then I needed just one in a color besides red, just to see what it would look like.   You know, because the RSC color won't always be red.


And right there, things got a little fuzzy.


Just a little.


I don't know how it happened.  But it looks like I'm going to need one more..


But only one more.  Because I'm absolutely not starting a new project.


Oops.


Squirrels.  I swear they're getting as bad as the monkeys around here.


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come see all the happy scrappy fun!

22 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The problem with squirrels (or monkeys or whatever we want to call them) is they're just so darn much fun! I can definitely see why you had to keep making "just one more!"

Vireya said...

They do look pretty cute!

Jo said...

Oh how funny. It's so hard not to try something new. Enjoy while you can..

Nancy said...

Gayle, the only solution to not seeing and starting something new is to just not read blogs. Ha! Now who is going to give up blog-reading? And who can possibly resist just one more block.... They are sweet little blocks and will make a great quilt. Have fun!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Where are those monkeys... haven't seen them in a while!

Laura said...

Those squirrels and monkeys can be overwhelming, but...oh, so fun!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute little blocks, not from a new project at all, but so cute and fun to make ;)) Enjoy!!

Angie said...

I love it when the squirrels come out to play!

Kathy S. said...

These blocks are gorgeous! Can't wait to see how they land.

Chantal said...

You are too funny! I so love your determination to not start a new project. By Golly, it is almost contagious. Keep working on the not new project because it is starting to look real good. Enjoy! ;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Time to get out a new project box. Looks like you need a place to store this quilt you didn’t start. Unless you make enough blocks to finish it completely. Then it doesn’t count.


Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Kate said...

That is such a fun block. There are just some blocks that are like potato chips, you can't eat just one.

Louise said...

It's a rodent infestation! Good thing they are so cute, those squirrels. And the only disease you can catch from them is Quilt Fever :)

Sally Trude said...

There seems to be something wrong with your blog. Each time I tried to read today's post, one of my cats started thrashing away at the keyboard yeowing something that sounded like "Virus" "Contagion" "Back Away." I hope you get your blog fixed soon!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, geez!! Not AGAIN?!?! LOL

Mystic Quilter said...

Now I have to say I'm not surprised to see you too are a squirrel! Love these blocks, begun by accident.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Lots of very cute blocks, and yes, making them is just like eating potato chips I guess?

Ann said...

I love the idea of piecing these with squares. Even though they would be inset. Yay. Your squirrel had babies.

Cathy said...

Squirrely, monkeying around, partially demented??? ...yes, friends.

Memo:
Early on (last October?) my blocks went wonky messing with all those partial/inset seams like in the photo so I settled on an ohio star variation that looks more like the block in the back of this other photo of the vintage blocks:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/campfollowerbagsandquilts/6818532633/in/album-72157629701488821/




audrey said...

I'm so glad you're not starting another new project.*wink

LA Paylor said...

I've been obsessed with all the moving mania, and missed a lot. Of course you had to do this project. It's so adorable I HAVE to do it too now. I love what you made with the rings and scraps. Oy, now where is my machine, and thread, and power chord, and iron, and fabric? Crikey!

Cathy said...

That’s why we love you around here. You’re a demented squirrel who is incorrigible. Don’t change!