I spent the afternoon in the studio today, putzing around with various projects.
First up, I got pieces cut for Libby's Mystery Quilt. I picked out the red snowflake print for my light right off the bat, but couldn't decide whether to go with red, orange, or purple for the contrasting color. So naturally I found a batik that included all those colors. Win!
And I sewed the first row of Burgoyne blocks together, complete with sashing across the top.
I'm hoping if I get it all sewn together that it will forestall any efforts to make more blocks. Though I think I might actually have to sew a border on in order to really make my heart accept that this quilt is big enough.
Though I might have stumbled on something that could help. I found this quilt pattern online, see, and then I shared it with my friend Cathy, who agreed with me that it's pretty phenomenal and phenomenally pretty.
It's here. Go look and tell me that it isn't just screaming my name.
I've already got lots of triangles after all.
And the blocks are pretty simple to assemble.
And I only need 2048 HSTs.
For some silly reason, they named this quilt Garden Mosaic.
I don't know what Cathy is going to call hers, but I'm calling mine Totally Demented.
Linking with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap! Come see what everyone's doing with their scraps!