I've spent most of this past month feeling like my batteries have been drained, but I did manage to get a little bit of work done.
En Provence is still ticking slowly along. It's nice to have a project that has all the thinking done, so I can just let myself be soothed by the hum of the sewing machine.
I've got 8 blocks done, out of a planned 9. Though I'm still thinking about making it a 3x4 setting instead of this 3x3, which would mean I'll need four more blocks rather than just one. I'll have a better idea of the size after I get this lot assembled.
Several of the blocks that I made last year for RSC have been carried over for this year's challenge.
I finally managed to get one of Chantal's pinwheel blocks assembled. I'm seeing a lot of people taking up this block for RSC this year, which makes me really happy. And apparently the name of the block is Hidden Gems, which works for me!
I got one Jacks on Sixes done.
Or Anvil, or Hovering Hawk, or any of a bunch of different names for this block. I'm calling them Jacks and then calling it a day.
And another block that I don't know the name of -
which I've been calling Whatchacallit Stars. I've been slowly building up a store of these since last year, but since they're 6" blocks it's taking a long time for them to add up to a quilt of any size. I thought I had a more recent photo than this
of them all together, but this is the only one I could find. I'll have to drag them out and see what I've got.
One of my highest priorities was to fix the wing on Sally T's Chicken block -
It explains why I had a little purple square left over when I originally made the block...
And I made another paper-pieced chicken while I was playing with purple chickies.
And then I gathered up the gang for a group shot.
I think I'm going to call the quilt "Cluckers."
It's going to be an interesting year.
Linking with So Scrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap! Come see all the fun!