Friday, January 8, 2016

This little (blue) piggy went to market, this little (blue) piggy stayed home...

When January started, I hoped that Angela would pick either red or gold for the monthly color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, seeing as how I had big stacks of both of those colors right at hand for Allietare.
But, hey, blue is nice, too.  8)
I got a few little pigs done right off, and decided to go with the larger size.
My plan is to make one piglet each week throughout the month, along with a block from the list that I've chosen for RSC2016.
So, I made another blue piggy this week, and again used a bit of purple for an accent color. 


Once again, thanks to Sally T for this sweet little oinker.  Tutorial here.

Then on to Chantal's Pinwheels*, which is the other high-on-the-list block.


But, of course, once I had that blue plaid out, I had to have a blue plaid pig.  Because seriously, who wouldn't want a blue plaid pig?


(Colors are darker in real life.  Sometimes my camera just hates me.)
So, at this point I should have two blue piglets, and I have three.



I can see it now - it's going to be the monkeys all over again...



* I've got a couple of leads on the name for this block.  There's a pattern for a miniature called Pinwheel Garden by Primitive Gatherings, and I found it called Rhubarb Whirl from a book called Home to Roost.  (picture - Sister's Choice blog)  I don't see anything rhubarby about it at all, so I may just keep calling it Chantal's Pinwheel.  (Hi, Chantal!)



Linking to So Scrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, where all the rainbows gather.  Come see the fun!


18 comments:

kmkat said...

One pig, two pig, red pig, blue pig...

Chantal said...

Hi Gayle. :^D
Oink, oink and so the family grows lol. So cute!
Pinwheel Garden is exactly the quilt I saw so many years ago in a magazine. Kudos to you for finding this. It doesn't exactly say the name of the block just the name of the quilt, I think. I'll write to Primitive Gathering and see what comes up.
Have a great "oinky" day!
;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I need a plaid pig too! I am off to search my scraps.

Your blocks are looking great!

Sally Trude said...

If your piglets are so cold that they are turning blue, it's probably time to bring them inside. Although making one a plaid coat was a very nice gesture.

Cathy said...

Indeed! Who doesn’t need a blue plaid pig?!? Sooooooo cute! Can’t wait for all your pigs to play together!

Karen said...

Very cute pigs. I bet they are fun to make.

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

What the world needs now is certainly more blue plaid pigs! :)

scraphappy said...

I think more blue plaid pigs is just what we need, well, maybe not as much as pink and purple plaid pigs..... Too cute! Thanks for the link.

Cathy said...

Iowa is a big pork producing state. Will the piggies be shipped here for processing?

Mystic Quilter said...

Loving your blue porkers!!!

Deb A said...

blue bacon =) Your piglets are looking great.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad that you found a name for "Chantel's" Pinwheels, as I'll be making those, too. (Just not THIS year!!)

Ellen said...

I love your three little pigs! I absolutely love Chantal's pinwheels too and plan to make a quilt using them as well.

LA Paylor said...

those pigs!!!
hmmm Chaos... you'll spend a lot of time this year learning about that word. Good luck! LeeAnna

Magpie Sue said...

So you have a litter of three cold little piggies (they've turned blue from the cold, right?). You need to be on the lookout for a bacon print to use on the back of the eventual quilt.
;- )

Katie Z. said...

Too stinking cute. ;)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like the first poster said - one pig, two pigs, red pig, blue pig . . . love the plaid version!

Sheila said...

LOVE your cute little pig blocks. It's going to be fun seeing them in rainbow colors.