Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Oh, dagnabbit, not again...

 I've been stacking up components for various blocks as I pursue multiple projects, then assembling them when I have enough parts (and concentration) to make a whole block.
I pulled a nice stack of tri-recs squares for a Twinkly block, then gave it a second look.


Well, that's kind of dull.  I don't remember this particular fabric.  Odd.

So I turned it over.


Aw, crap.
And before anyone asks,


yes indeed, I did screw up all four of them.  (The mildest thing I said was "Are you kidding me?"  There were a few more colorful expressions also.  I'll leave it to your imaginations.)

I grabbed my BFF, the seam ripper, and started over.


Does anyone know if seam rippers come with shoulder holsters?
I need to work on my quick draw...

12 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Well, you DID pay for both sides of the fabric! Happy to see someone else using a different center fabric. Treadle on ...

Linda said...

Lol! Thank you for sharing this and for making me feel not quite so bad for the occasional "odd" language in my sewing room. ;)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Does your seam ripper have a name. Since I use him so often, me and mine are on a first name basis. I call him Jack.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

There are some quilting books that say you should sometimes turn over the fabric - it will add variety to your scrap quilt.

Judy said...

I should have my seam ripper permanently replace the end of one finger. I wonder if you could grow and shape a nail like one?

Mystic Quilter said...

Mmm - I've just been using my seam ripper on my quilting! Love your latest star.

Sally Trude said...

A single seam ripper? I guess I'm a seam ripper philanderer with at least six spread out across the sewing room.

kmkat said...

A shoulder holster for your seam ripper?!?! You should do stand up!

Kristi said...

I like 'dagnabbit'! Great word. Sorry you had to redo them...I ended up paper piecing mine because they never ended up right size! Aack!

Vic in NH said...

Eeeek! those look MUCH better now that you corrected them! love that shoulder holster idea, can I get a semi-automatic seam ripper?

Joanne said...

You need to make a sewing chatelaine to hang around your neck to hold that seamripper. You just gave me an idea....I have a scrappy lanyard from my thread snips, and I could possible add a pocket for the seam ripper. My other solution is to have seamrippers near the machine as well as on the cutting table AND in the notions I keep at my ironing station.

Your perseverence paid off, the block is beautiful!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

These Twinkly blocks are looking lovely! You must almost have enough now?