Saturday, January 2, 2016

Oh, and piglets, too, of course

Okay, time to start getting organized - Rainbow Scrap Challenge choices have to be made.

Chantal's pinwheels are a definite.  (Does this block have a name?  Anybody?)


And these stars.


And the kaleidoscopes, of course.  Gotta justify getting that ruler, after all.  8)


(And, yeah, that's my shadow in the lower left of that picture.  I waited too long to take photos and missed most of the natural light.  Go, me!)

And I've also got four other choices that are maybe-babies.


The plan at this point is to do the main blocks (stars, pinwheels, kaleidoscopes, and piglets) first, then work on the maybes if I have time left at the end of the month.  If all else fails, those four can carry over to next year.
Or the year after.
Hey, look at me - already with plans in place for 2017!
Uh-hunh.


Linking to So Scrappy's ScrapHappy Saturday.  There's all kinds of excitement starting off our year!








15 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great choices Gayle! I love those pinwheel blocks.

Sally Trude said...

What a wonderful set of blocks. Let's see, last year you started late and finished early. So I doubt any of these will be unattached by 2017.

The Joyful Quilter said...

YOU are TOO funny!! Have FUN with that LONG project list!

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope you do go with the kaleidoscope as one of your projects, I enjoyed making one of these for our local Medical Surgery - part of it is used as my header on this blog. I wouldn't mind making another one actually but larger blocks.

scraphappy said...

So many plans in place. Glad I'm not the only one who has started a new quilt to justify a ruler purchase!

Cathy said...

It's all good. Where's the blue????? Get moving, girl!

Mari said...

Pretties! I think your top block is called Turnstile. (Could be wrong!) Good luck with your plans this year!

Deb A said...

Too funny! You will have lots of lovely blocks in December. The maybe's are great for scrappy quilts too.... looks like you are planning a year or two out already!

Libby in TN said...

Un-hunh... Color me surprised!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I vote pinwheels!

Edith said...

Looks like you have a few RSC projects to work on, so do I. I was just taking stock last night, would like to finish up a few this year. Love this Challenge.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You always have great block ideas! It will be fun to see them all evolve!

Chantal said...

Love your choices. If you find the name of the block in the first picture, please let me know. (Thanks ♥). If you make all these blocks in 2016, you will end up with quite a wonderful collection of Rainbow quilts in only one year! I wish you the best of luck and smooth sailing, in reaching your 2016 goal. Go Gayle!! ;^)

Anonymous said...

I think the pattern is Pinwheel Garden from Primitive Gatherings. Christine

Sheila said...

Great block choices. Don't know their names. Sorry.
Regardless, have fun making them in blue : )