In all the talk lately about side projects, I haven't said much about my main project - the Twinkle Star quilt that I'm making for my daughter and son-in-law.
I've been diligently making blocks and sashing stars and stacking them up out of harm's way. Today, I pulled them out to see what I had, since I hadn't really been keeping track of which colors I'd used and in what quantity.
I started laying them out, including the sashing pieces I've got cut, trying to get an idea what I had.
I promised myself when I started that I was just going to drop them in place and not fuss too much with colors being next to each other.
That lasted about five minutes, of course. I had to physically drag myself away from juggling greens and golds, and maybe that red would be better over here, so I could go get the camera.
I hadn't had it out for awhile, and I'd been a little nervous that maybe it wasn't as pretty as I remembered it, and what if I wouldn't like it anymore when I saw it all spread out.
I think it's going to be okay.