Tuesday, January 5, 2016

It's not just all rainbows around here

In all the talk lately about side projects, I haven't said much about my main project - the Twinkle Star quilt that I'm making for my daughter and son-in-law.

I've been diligently making blocks and sashing stars and stacking them up out of harm's way.  Today, I pulled them out to see what I had, since I hadn't really been keeping track of which colors I'd used and in what quantity.
I started laying them out, including the sashing pieces I've got cut, trying to get an idea what I had.


I promised myself when I started that I was just going to drop them in place and not fuss too much with colors being next to each other.
That lasted about five minutes, of course.  I had to physically drag myself away from juggling greens and golds, and maybe that red would be better over here, so I could go get the camera.


I hadn't had it out for awhile, and I'd been a little nervous that maybe it wasn't as pretty as I remembered it, and what if I wouldn't like it anymore when I saw it all spread out.


I think it's going to be okay. 




13 comments:

Vireya said...

It's beautiful! I love that star design.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is more than okay...it is awesome! I really like your sashing material. I just shared my twinkle blocks. Boy are they addictive!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

This is a lovely top ! Way more than ok! :)

Libby in TN said...

Yeah, OOOO-KKKK! Love what you're doing with the sashing. May be hard to give it away.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is a gorgeous quilt - any tweaks you do with moving the blocks around are just that - tweaks. It will be beautiful, period.

Judy said...

Quite lovely! Playing with the lay-out is part of the fun of quilting. It is so much fun to see how many different quilts you can get with the same blocks.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

It's gorgeous!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I think it's beautiful! Lucky daughter and son-in-law!

Sue SA said...

It is a very pretty quilt, love the blocks, but having fancy sashing makes it really stand out as a special quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

I think the Twinkle Star is a beauty and combined with your alternate blocks you have a wonderful quilt top!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

That is one beautiful quilt and as quilters I think it is in our nature to fuzz and fret about layout

Chantal said...

Ouch! If you think this awesoome quilt is just "okay" I'll never show any of mine again lol. Fantastic job Gayle. Love the green sashing fabric, and the little stars in the cornerstones, and the red, and ... ♥ it all. Kudos!!
;^)

Cathy said...

Gorgeous...unsimply gorgeous.