Saturday, June 20, 2015

Still Partying in that there Garden

I didn't get much sewing done this week, but what little was accomplished mainly involved Garden Party.  (Hint:  it stopped being a Leader Ender project pretty darn fast.)  It's now getting close enough that I'm keeping track of how many more blocks I need. 
Well, that is, if I'm able to stop.  The quilt is already a lot bigger than my original plan



because the blocks


are so easy and fun


that they just keep


practically making


themselves with little


human assistance.

Somehow, I ended up with this many:


and a few more partially assembled.  And a few more cut and ready to go.  And a few more fabric combinations that I'm eyeing...

Just because I couldn't resist, I sewed a few blocks together to see what they were going to look like.


The white/orange print is something I found for the back.  Now I'm thinking of using a bit of it to run a narrow border around the edge.  Maybe.
Might just as well start sweating over the border early, right?


 I'll be linking to Oh Scrap!  Come see all the pretties!



9 comments:

Chantal said...

I really like what you are making. I love orange and to see it used in a chain like that, it's giving me ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.

kmkat said...

You make good quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I can see why you were anxious to sew a few together to see what would happen! Your quilt is going to be wonderful!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Oh this is looking lovely! I really like the scrappiness of it, and the orange was a good choice for extra 'pop' !

Cathy said...

Yes, those do look addictive and fun. You are too funny (and impatient?) putting that together already.

Joanne said...

What a terrific scrap quilt! That is one of the problems with Leaders and Enders once you get a few sewn together you want to see if they will play as nicely together as you thought they might. Joanne

Anonymous said...

Love the orange chain and the idea for border. Never too early to think about borders. The only thing that keeps my leader-and-ender project from taking over is that I don't want to think up and prep another one.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

The block does look fun, I can see why they are a bit addictive. Your quilt is going to be wonderful! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

LA Paylor said...

Whee! This is awesome like a Mexican pottery or tile floor
Leeanna