I not only found some of the fabrics, but there were some 1.5" strips already cut. And best of all, there was a whole row of blocks already sewn together! Callooh! Callay! I chortled in my joy.
Best of all, it fit right in with what was already assembled and/or laid out, with only one 9patch needing to be subbed out.
So, yay! Extra leftovers!
Here's the top all laid out. I got everything but the bottom four rows sewn together, and one of the rows is assembled. One more day of sewing might get this thing in one piece.
Speaking of pieces, I did some math today. Twenty-three rows with nineteen blocks in each row comes to 437 blocks.
No wonder it's taking so long...
Soon I'll have to make a decision about borders. I tried a bunch of layouts today, taking pictures of each one. In another post, I'll show what I'm considering. No matter what I do, it's going to be a lot of work. But I've got so much work into this top already that I'm not about to back down now.
(The sun came out every time I tried to take border pictures. Just to annoy me. As soon as I'd shut off the camera, it would go back behind a cloud. Turn on the camera and here comes the sun. Grrrr.)
And my leaders-enders project is getting a workout, what with all those little blocks being assembled. I'd laid out some blocks and wasn't too impressed with it. Then I turned them on point.
Oh, yeah. There's the difference.
And linking again to Quilting is More Fun than Housework. Come see the scrappy fun!