Sunday, March 21, 2010

Excuse me? This rain is defective. I'd like to return it.

I knew this was going to happen. It's why I've tried so hard not to get excited about Spring, despite the lovely warm weather we've been having lately. (It's only March...)

Friday was gorgeous. Saturday was warm, though cloudy. I even went out and worked in my flower and herb beds, pulling grass, clearing debris.
I was elated to see tulips coming up! Here's what they looked like Saturday:
and here they are today:

*sigh*

In chicken news, Number 6 deshelled herself late last night.

She's not dead; she's merely resting after a long hard day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post title made me smile.

Cookie said...

Silly tulips.

Goo, chickie! Go!

Laurie said...

I liked the post title also. You must have one heckuva job.

Angie said...

I hope your Spring returns asap. I love seeing the chickies! Better than tv, for sure. :D

Anna M said...

Yeah, we got that defective crap up here too. I actually had to drive in it to take Wes to the pharmacy for drugs (did you know you can only buy ONE box of cold meds per person!!!) and while I was there I got a bottle of Old Spice Body Wash for him. If he's going to have a Man Cold he should at least smell like a Man *lol*