I've never done a meme before. And I need something different to take my mind off life for a bit.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
Woke up at slightly before dawn to the sound of sheep blatting. Sheep just outside your bedroom window will do that. We may be able to throw out the alarm clock altogether.
2. How do you like your steak?
Rare. Off the grill. Meat + Fire. I may have been a barbarian in a previous life.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Oh, my. The Fisher King. In 1991. I hadn't realized it had been that long since I went to the movies...
4. What is your favorite TV show?
No TV, but I do watch House and Bones on the computer.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Still in Vermont, but a little further north. And deeper in the woods.
6. What did you have for breakfast?
Home Made White Toast - I'm not much for eating breakfast.
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
No favorite, really. I pretty much like everything.
8. What foods do you dislike?
I loathe lima beans. Truly loathe. And bleu cheese. And turnips.
9. Favorite place to eat?
My own kitchen. I love to cook. Though the King Buffet in my Dad's hometown is a great place to go - lots and lots of Chinese dishes.
10. Favorite dressing?
Ranch, without question. Sometimes I don't even need the salad...
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
A Subaru Forrester that usually smells of hay. And occasionally of sheep poop...
12. What are your favorite clothes?
Jeans and t-shirt in summer, jeans and sweatshirt in winter.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
I want to go back to Scotland and spend more time there this time. Three days wasn't enough. (AnnaMarie's answer to this one made me cry...)
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
1/2 Full. And sometimes I'll talk myself into seeing it as 3/4 full.
15. Where would you want to retire?
Right here. I'm looking forward to having more knitting time.
16. Favorite time of day?
All day long.
17. Where were you born?
Topeka, Kansas. Yes, I am a Flatlander.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
My answer is the same as AnnaMarie's: Chicken TV right after you pop a plateful of table scraps into the midst of the flock.
19. Who do you think will not tag you back?
I don't tag so don't expect folks to tag back.
20. Person you expect to tag you back first?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this?
I'm pretty nosy, so just about anybody.
22. Bird watcher?
I'll watch them if they come to me, but I won't chase them. Though I used to enjoy sitting out in the yard with my grandfather watching birds - he knew a lot about birds.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Oh, night, for sure. In the morning, my eyes may be open, but the brain isn't necessarily switched on.
24. Do you have any pets?
One little cat. And the sheep. The chickens and rabbits are more livestock than pets. And we're down to one fish in the aquarium.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
I'll just skip this one, may I?
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
A major-league baseball player. But I'm old enough that in my day girls weren't allowed to play in Little League. I also wanted to be a singer - unfortunately I can't carry a tune in a bucket...
27. What is your best childhood memory?
Building an airplane with my brother. Out of scrap lumber. We're lucky it was so heavy - if we could have gotten it up onto the shed roof like we'd planned, we would have launched ourselves in it.
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
Cat person. I like small dogs, though - they're just oddly-behaved cats.
29. Are you married?
Yes! Eleven years next week.
30. Always wear your seat belt?
Of course! Though when the state passed the seatbelt law, I was sorely tempted to unhook it everytime I saw a cop. And possibly make finger gestures. Luckily I am a model of self-control.
31. Been in a car accident?
Yes. Seriously off the road in a blizzard. The universe rescued me - four men, all strangers to each other, stopped and helped. They formed a team, winched my car back up onto the road, made sure the car and I were both okay, then one of them had me follow him into town so he'd know I was all right. I've always tried to help people out where I can - and now even more so.
32. Any pet peeves?
Can't stand liars.
33. Favorite pizza toppings?
Bacon. And mushrooms.
34. Favorite Flower?
Used to be lilacs, but now I think it's lupines.
35. Favorite ice cream?
I'm Lactose-intolerant. I just don't like ice cream enough to bother with it.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Not a big fan of fast food.
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test?
Once. I didn't even get my license until I was 41. The first time I took the test I got locked in the "Oh, man!" Syndrome - where you're so busy saying "Oh, man!" over one mistake that you make another. I may have set a record for number of points taken off.
38. From whom did you get your last email?
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
If I had a credit card, it would be Keepsake Quilting. Serious fabric addiction.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Bought 2 sheep instead of 1?
41. Like your job?
43. What was your favorite vacation?
Any of the canoe camping trips we've taken on the Saco River in Maine. Haven't gone for a couple of years now, though.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
45. What are you listening to right now?
Sheep. Of course.
46. What is your favorite color?
Purple keeps grabbing me.
47. How many tattoos do you have?
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz?
49. What time did you finish this quiz?
There ya go, AM!