Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Finally catching up with the Mysterious Libby!

Finally got some sewing time to devote to Clue 4 for Libby's Mystery Quilt.  It was an easy clue - just some HSTs.   In moments I was done!


So then, of course, I had to play with these new toys a little.


And another just like it, only with values reversed.


How about two more?


Oh, and throw in some yellow while we're about it.


I didn't have time to add another color, but I plan to do that after the reveal.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the Mysterious Libby has in mind!

Company's coming, so I've been picking up stuff in the studio, so there's room to walk around.  And the great organization project continues, as I fold and stack.



My new rule is that if I touch a piece of fabric, I fold it neatly and add it to its proper stack when I'm done with it.  And I spend 15 minutes here and there just grabbing, folding, and adding to stacks, in between working on fun stuff.  Little by little, I'm going to get my rainbows in order.
I've already found some bits of favorite fabrics that I thought I'd used up.  It's like running into old friends!

Linking with Libby for Mystery Clue 4.  Always late to the party...

9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I like your thinking! Just goes to show what can be done with the simplest shapes. But that's not it ...

Sally Trude said...

I do like the new block foundation you created. I'm have some questions about your sorting however...I noticed TWO stacks of oranges and am wondering if you are counting one as neutral and another as orange, or maybe, every table gets an orange stack?

Magpie Sue said...

Now now, don't get distracted with a new block design. You wait until Libby tells you what to do with them like a good little girl. ;-) Speaking of old friends, I finally finished up the orange and white quilt you helped to inspire. Here's hoping you can stay on track with the organization plans and that you don't get snowed under again.

Kate said...

Love your warm brights you've used in the blocks. The reveal is tomorrow right? Looking forward to seeing how all those pieces set together.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I need to do some more organizing in my room. I was good for a while then I let it get out of hand again.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This mystery quilt is looking interesting, I like your colours! And, it's just too easy to get distracted, but I'll pop back later to see how the blocks really go together!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the playing you've been doing with your blocks! That center star that developed is really neat! It will be fun to see what Libby's plans are.

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderfully organized stacks of fabrics at your place!

Anonymous said...

Tossing the stash is ALWAYS like running into old friends!