With a free afternoon and no snow falling, I finally caught up with Libby's Mystery today.
It was an easy clue she gave us - just sew the rectangles together.
So I did.
And then, I had to play with them, of course.
And then, since I've never been one to leave well enough alone, I cut out some more pieces from another color.
And then I had even more things to play with.
Meanwhile, I was working on this.
Which, to my joy, became this -
Burgoyne is officially Surrounded. I sincerely love this quilt (it looks even better in real life!), and I'm so grateful to Cathy for making hers and inspiring me to make my own.
Now I just need to think about a border. I definitely want to run some neutrals around the outside edge, in order to float the whole thing. It's just a question of if I want anything else. You just know I want to make some fun fantastic pieced border that will be way more complicated than necessary, because that's what I do.
We'll see if I can restrain myself...
Linking with Sew Stitch Snap SHARE at kokaquilts. Come see the fun!