Sunday, December 10, 2017

Still pecking away at those geese...

 Continuing my adventures On Ringo Lake...


And now I've got diamonds to make.


Luckily for me, I still had all the neutrals and corals piled up on my cutting table, since I'd been cutting more strips to make geese with anyway.   (I still have a small pile of the little flappers to sew, but the end is in sight!)
Of course, this doesn't bode well for me wanting to turn over a new leaf and put things away the second I'm done with them.  Nothing like being rewarded for bad behavior!


It took a bit of juggling and experimenting, but I worked out how to cut my diamonds as diamonds for no waste, instead of cutting rectangles and doing flippy corners.  This pleases my mingy heart no end.
And now, back to that cutting table - I need a metric butt-ton of neutral triangles, between the diamonds and the remaining geese, but hey, who's counting?



Linking with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework.  Come see what all the scrappers are up to!
Also linking up at Quiltville for the Clue 3 linky party.  Come see that one, too!

(I've got other projects going on, but can't share yet.  Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures before I get all gifty.  Not that I've ever remembered before, but it could happen this time...)




13 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your mystery components are looking great. I like to think when I leave things out, I am being "at the ready". At least that is what I tell myself. :)

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Sally Trude said...

Molly was quite pleased to see you are using cat fabric in your Ringo quilt. And I think I will be using no waste cutting as well especially for production line sewing like this.

Libby in TN said...

I've left all my ORL fabric out on the table, too. The weeks just fly by too fast. I'm wavering on Clue 3, may wait to see where they go. But I had already decided that I would figure out a way to cut the diamonds. Care to share your secret?

Chantal said...

You are so productive! Love the orange-peach-melon fabric. (Gosh, quite a fruit salad that is, :^D) I have a few cut but nothing sewn yet. Will I start before the mystery is over? I hope so. Tomorrow, I'll be at the weaving machine again. :^D And after that, I'll sew because you are tempting me with this Ringo guy. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm enjoying following along with On Ringo Lake virtually, and definitely loving your color and fabric choices!

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's folded corners and bonus HSTs for me!! I applaud you for choosing a no-waste method. Whatever works for ya!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Nice work!

Ann said...

I prefer no-waste methods, too. Love these corals. I'll be using some in an upcoming project.

Louise said...

"Metric butt-ton" made me laugh! And I haven't heard the word "mingy" in ages... :)

WiltedQuilter said...

Looks good.

Cathy said...

You’ve got some great coral fabrics - so much variety! I worked a couple hours hours on my diamonds today (did all the cutting yesterday). Your progress is amazing!

Jo said...

I do love your fabrics & colours.. I have not started clue 3 yet. Well done so far

Cathy said...

Put things away the second you are done with them???????????????????? What a goal! Good luck!