Sunday, July 16, 2017

Little Baa Blue

come blow your horn...


Can't go wrong with a plaid sheep, right?
Of course, I'm not actually making a sheep quilt, so I'm a little puzzled by the fact that these little fuzzlumps are starting to turn up in my sewing room.
I'm sure it'll be fine, right?

And auditions continue for Long Time Gone.  Or maybe it'll be named Gone Even Longer...

Purple batik.


A nice green.


And blue.  Well, there are actually three different blues here, since I didn't have a big enough piece of a solidish blue to try out.


The jury is still out.  These are okay - not exciting, but okay.  I like the blue more than I thought I would.  And I haven't started rummaging in the oranges yet. 
But I don't even have half the blocks done yet, either, so it's a decision I can dither over for a good long time.  And we all know how much I love a good dither!

Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday (better late than never, right?) and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come join the fun!




16 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Everything looks adorable dressed in plaid!

What about a dark red or eggplant purple for your sashing...I do like the blue however. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Judy said...

From the looks of things, if you use a print, it needs to be a very small print so the little blocks can shine through.

With the different animals blocks I see quilts for some kiddos.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

What a cute little sheeepy!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Just be sure to keep the sheep away from the monkeys ( and the cluckers, too!) because who knows what might happen if they got together!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Tricky sashing decision, lucky you have a while yet before commiting to anything. I tend to like a teal/turquoise, seems to make multicoloured scrappy things 'pop.' I'm guesing you have had a look at the QAL pics on instagram for other ideas?
- https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/longtimegonequilt/

Sue SA said...

Cute sheep, so glad your not making a whole quilt! ;) I prefer the green sashing.

Libby in TN said...

Your sheep is too cute! She's one of those Scottish breeds, isn't she?

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sheep now? You have a real zoo at your home. You need to make some calves too so you have have both eggs and milk.

MissPat said...

I have 4 sheep done which is all I need for a retirement quilt. Now I have to construct a barn and make some trees and a hot air balloon or two.
Pat

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That sheep block is absolutely adorable. A bunch of these would make quite the fun quilt. I look forward to seeing which fabric you choose for your "Gone Even Longer" quilt. They all look great! --Andrea

Sally Trude said...

Baaaah! I am wondering why we haven't seen the orange audition yet?

Joanne said...

Such a cheerful happy sheep. How big is the block?

Kate said...

Love the plaid sheep, it's such a fun block. I'm curious to see the orange as the sashing.

Magpie Sue said...

For some reason I'm not at all surprised to see a blue plaid lamb! You're going to have to make a farmyard quilt one of these days. Hens and pigs and sheep all frolicking together with silly monkeys!

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

Ah the little lamb is adorable :)

scarlett said...

What about a warm gold.