Thursday, June 21, 2018

fixing the comment problem

I finally figured out a way to fix the Blogger comment issue, and have told a few people, but it's going to be quicker just to post about it.
Go into 'Settings' at Blogger, then to 'email' - reset the 'comment notification email' address to another of your email addresses, then save.  You'll receive a confirmation email at that address - just click and you're golden.
I'd originally had a non-gmail address as my notification addy.  (You know, the email address that I've been using for the last 20 years and see no reason to give up now...)  I changed to one of my gmail addresses and it's now working perfectly.  I don't know if it's just because of the gmail addy, or just the fact that I changed and confirmed that makes it work now, but I'm sure glad to be getting comments again!
Spread the word!

11 comments:

barbara woods said...

it works , i have another one that I get mine out but would like for them to get it fixed

Libby in TN said...

I tried what you said, but not sure it works. Do you still have to write yourself a comment and click "notify me"?

Chantal said...

I saw your instructions posted in the comment of a blogger and immediately went to my settings to check it out. My "email options" was disabled!! What? So I turned it back on and now the waiting starts. Could you go on my blog and write me a joke, or a smiley face, please? ;^)
P.S. Thank you for solving the problem and letting us on the secret. :^D

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I did this, Gayle, and then switched it back to my original email, and it works again! I checked it by leaving myself a comment, and I could even reply to the email comment and it came through, too! Yay! Thanks for figuring it out!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I tried this different ways. I deleted the email address and added it right back in. I didn't get an email when I sent a test comment on a post from earlier this month. I am avoiding the ones I have commented on to get the email notifications.

I tried a hotmail address, and it looks like it works! The emails were in the junk mail folder, but they were there! Thank you!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Hmmm. I tried that before I switched to Wordpress and it didn't work for me.
I'd tried it because I had a similar issue several years back and changing emails worked.
I wonder if Blogger finally fixed the issue on their end and a reset on our end is required. Some communication from them would be nice.

Sally Trude said...

Thanks! I didn't have a second email address, so I used my brother's. Then I changed it back to the original email address. Then I got the email asking me if I wanted to subscribe to the emails, I said yes, and everything is peachy-keen again thanks to you!

Jo said...

Now if they could only fix the no reply blogger notice.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It worked—thanks so much for spreading the word!

Kate said...

It is nice to see comments again that can be replied to no other work. Blogger did finally post something about this on the Blogger help forum, but with all the tech talk it's hard to know what you are supposed to do.

Magpie Sue said...

I switched my comment notifications to my gmail addy and started getting comments again. I'd rather use my original address though. Might go back in and try resetting it...