Saturday, April 21, 2018

And the award for Procrastination goes to...

Me.  Definitely me.  I actually got a bit of sewing done, and remembered to take pictures, but lost steam before getting a post put together.

Hey, look!  Honest to goodness RSC blocks -


A couple of Jacks, and a couple of Centennials to add to my growing collections.

And I'm still drifting along on my Storm at Sea (aka Sea of Tranquility), with the end in sight.  I think I actually made too many of the largest squared block (and there's no down side to that), and I just lack a few of the diamonds.  I think I have enough of the smallest squared block, too, though I'm going to count carefully again to make sure.


Layout is next, and picking out what to use for setting triangles, since I'm 99% sure that I'm setting this on point.  (If I don't set it on point, I'll have to redo the layout and block count from scratch and there's no stinkin' way I'm falling for that...)

There were also some HSTs for Demented, but I didn't bother to take a photo, since one stack of HSTs looks remarkably like another.  You can use your imaginations, I'm sure.

Remember this quilt?  I've been slowly but surely hand-quilting it for all this time, with occasional help from my little buddy.


Turns out he really likes sleeping in that hoop.  I set it aside the other day when I finished the center portion of the quilt because it was too big for working on the borders.


 Look who's enjoying the imaginary cat nest.

Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday, and with Quilting is more fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Both are terrific places to spend the weekend!



20 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Apparently you can just put tape on the floor in a square or a circle and cats will lay in it. They just like boundaries.

Nancy said...

Procrastination or not, you're making progress, Gayle. Your blocks look great.

So, for your cat, it's just the hoop, not necessarily a hoop with fabric, that brings comfort? My daughter's cats come to visit and they, too, like the hoop, but only when there's a quilt in it.

Sally Trude said...

That's not a cat's nest...that's a halo!

Libby in TN said...

Too funny! Teresa Rawson's cat Weasley used to sleep in her hoop, too!

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

LOL my cat does the same thing!! :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think every little bit counts when it comes to stitches and fabric! I love cats and their odd habits. I've never lived with a cat, so everyone else's stories always entertain me!

Chantal said...

Love your Centennial Stars in yellow. Happy to see you in Blogland again too. (Yes, I know I am a slaker lately. Sigh) Cat in the Hoop could be a mega-blockbuster book; you should write it. lol. ;^)

Mystic Quilter said...

You're not the only one suffering from procrastination!! I'm having the same problem trying to decide what I really want to achieve - but usually end up doing something else instead of really getting on to the machine.
Your buddy looks to have no problems at all presently, just finding where you've laid the hoop for him!

Pamela Arbour said...

Your blocks look nice. It's funny to see the cat doesn't know he isn't on your quilt!

Louise said...

Cute kitty! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your Storm At Sea. That one is on my to-do list and I could use some inspiration!

Kate said...

Looks like a good deal of progress, even if it doesn't feel like there has been much. Why is it that sleeping kitties look so sweet? Obviously your kitty supports your quilting habit whole heartedly.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL, silly Gayle!! I'm the Queen of Procrastination. Just LOOK how much progress you made!

chrisknits said...

That is hilarious!!! Such a cutie.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

It's nice to have a rest sometimes! Like your cat ;))

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love to sew but the documenting and post writing can sometimes feel like a chore. But then all the comments and support happen and you want to share more. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

scraphappy said...

He really does like sleeping in that hoop. Looks nice and cozy.

Cathy said...

Can’t wait to see you start laying out your Storm at Sea quilt! And now my cats want a hoop to sleep in...

Anonymous said...

We had a children's book, Cats Sleep Anywhere, back in the day. Looks like your cat read it, too.

QuiltGranma said...

kitty feels safe in its circle of contentment. if hooped with a quilt it makes a nice hammock to rest in too.

Magpie Sue said...

How funny that it's not the quilt but the hoop that the cat likes to sleep on/in! It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one suffering from Procrastination Syndrome.