Saturday, February 24, 2018

Squaring Away some purple bits

I squeezed in a bit more sewing time yesterday and finally got a Squared Away block for February's RSC SAL done.  I'm hoping to make a few more before I run out of month, both for the SAL itself and the fact that it's a fun block to make.  I stuck with just two colors for the first iteration, but I've got plans for throwing lots of purples into the next one.


This little Jacks block was made as a leader/ender while making the SA block. 


True confession - I found it already cut out and ready to go while I was shifting stuff around.   I'm not sure when I actually kitted it, but there's enough purple in it that I'm claiming it for February.  There were a couple more on the same plate, so apparently I'm now cutting blocks in my sleep.  Not dangerous at all, I'm sure.

And ta da!!!


That's Burgoyne Surrounded #20 - the final block!  (No, seriously.  I mean it this time.)  (Except for the problem I'm having with my fabric sorting/organizing project, where combinations keep landing next to each other that make me say "Oh, that would make a great Burgoyne!"...)  (I may have to make a second BS.)  (Help me, someone.)


All the Burgoynes are laid out and I've started stitching them together.  This is so exciting!
I've already started the dithering about borders!


Linking with SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.  Come see all the rainbow fun!



19 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The Jacks block is such a quick one and looks good in any color. Love your Burgoyne - gosh I have to find mind and get it quilted!

Edith said...

Your Burgoyne blocks are wonderful.

Judy said...

"(I may have to make a second BS.) (Help me, someone.)"

Have a great time! Was that the help you were looking for? ;>)

Jeanne said...

Love the Burgoyne! Make more! :)

Sally Trude said...

As usual, I like all of your blocks (and am now inspired to make squared away...), but am fascinated with the concept of "fabric sorting/organizing" and wonder what that looks like...

Libby in TN said...

Glad you're finally finding time to sew. I am enjoying the SQ QAL also; 5-grid blocks are always interesting. I'm not holding my breath on your Burgoyne declaration. I feel like I know you too well!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

But!! They would make a great Burgoyne! Its a great quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It will be fun to see what happens with your Burgoyne quilt! They are such wonderful blocks!

Sue SA said...

Do you want Burgoyne intervention, because I say go for it, if you have a second version in you! This is such a great block visually and now you have nailed making them (cos they do look tricky), make it while you can (so say I!)......borders, does it need them?

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ooooh - I like that first block!

Cathy said...

Woooohooo! Congrats on the last awesome BS and the beginnings of a flimsy!

Angie said...

Love the "last" Burgoyne. Got yer 9-patches done? Or are you not doing the Quilted Twins setting?

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Whoop! Your BS is going to be wonderful--love those blocks!

Chantal said...

The Squared Away block is very nice. I shall add this one to my list of potential RSC blocks. (The never-ending-list I should say, lol). If you really want to make more Burgoyne blocks, go for it. I am willing to accept all the blocks that won't make it in your quilt ... just a thought, lol. You're doing a great job with the nearly-flimsy Burgoyne. Enjoy! ;^)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great use of purple fabrics! I love the first block, cute color!

Ivani said...

Great blocks!!
WOW your Bourgoyne blocks look fantastic together, I'll be looking forward to see this quilt done.

Louise said...

You've got the Burgoyne fever, and you've got it bad. Once you begin Burgoyne, you're a burgonner. It's looking great! :)

Janice Holton said...

Oh go on. Give yourself permission to make another Burgoyne. Or even two or three more! If you love it, and you enjoy making them, don't stop! For those of us who enjoy those blocks as well but aren't in a spot where we can make one, we'll enjoy watching you. :)

Kate said...

More pretty purples in your blocks. The Burgoyne blocks are gorgeous. I can see why you'd want to make two quilts!