Yes, even I can manage a finish now and then. Well, mostly then. But for once, now!
Usually when I'm hit by a squirrel, I want to start something new. In this case, the squirrel wanted me to grab an old project and see it through.
Remember this project? I had a sudden urge to quilt it (but not to photograph the quilting process), which I proceeded to do yesterday and today.
And I even tried out a different kind of binding that I'd been wanting to play with.
I made a flanged binding, using the yellow/orange dots as a constant fabric for the flange, and a variety of orange prints for the main binding fabric. (There are lots of tutorials available for this binding. Here's one now.) Since this was for a relatively flat table runner, I made my strips narrower - the yellow was 1.5" and the oranges were 1.25". It worked perfectly!
Normally when I get ready to sew a binding on, I compulsively measure it and remeasure it to make sure it's long enough. This time I decided to just let it be a surprise.
Phew! It was a happy surprise! Plenty left over.
You can sort of see the quilting here -
I used green thread and straight lines in the background, spacing them randomly 1/4" to 1" apart, then free-motioned curved "pumpkin ribs" in orange thread on the pumpkins themselves.
And here's my finished Pumpkin Patch.
Complete with the required toes...
Gotta go mark it on the calendar, now: "Feb 28, 2017 - actually finished something!"