My top has a bottom! Or my front has a back! Or something!
When I first thought of making this quilt, way back at the beginning of the year when I decided to make piglet blocks for the RSC2016, I figured I'd make a dozen or so blocks and turn them into a lap quilt. Maybe a small throw, tops. So I only bought a yard of that fabulous bacon fabric, figuring I could supplement it with some scraps and it would be plenty. (I know! What could I have been thinking?!?)
But I hadn't reckoned on how much charm those little piggies have. I made tons and tons of piglets. I ended up with a bigger quilt than I'd planned, and I still have blocks left over.
So I had to stretch that bacon.
Once again, it's tough to get a picture of the whole thing when it's on the design floor.
I had a nice leafy print in a bright limey green, and I used that fall leafy print, too, since the black background helps balance the bacon background, and the reds and yellows echo those colors in the bacon print, too.
A couple of those leftover piglets are bracketing the label up near the top of the quilt.
And I used some bits of farm print to finish off that pig/label panel.
At 64"x84", this quilt came out a mite bigger than I'd planned, but I know my dad will put it to good use!
By late afternoon, I got it sandwiched and ready to start quilting. Yay!
And I got some more starpoints done for the En Provence mystery, too, while I sewed together all those piggyback bits.
(As you can see, I'm using orange instead of magenta. Not that I have anything against magenta, but orange!) I'll keep plugging away at them over the course of the week. Can't wait to see what the next clue is - still hoping for purple, though I gotta admit that orange always makes me grin!
Linking with Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap! Come see the fun!
And also linking with Bonnie herself at the Monday linky party. Another fun place to visit!