That star block I showed in my last post irked me every time I looked at it. Something was wrong.
Too much yellow in the background. And that plaid block in the center (much as I love plaid) (and orange) was too loud and too dark.
Not right. Not right at all.
So I put my thinking cap on (it's green, btw, with tassels) and decided to tone the whole thing down a bit.
Rummaging in my various piles of fall colors, I came up with this lovely batik that had all the colors from the center, and was dark enough to do the job.
There, that's better.
I didn't take anything apart - I just made flippy corners. Nothing wrong with fast and lazy.
And feel free to point out that my idea of "toning it down" involved adding a vivid batik. Yep. That's me.