Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sometimes I have fun without rainbows

Though some things are more fun than others...
See if you can guess what's wrong with this picture:


Why, yes, indeed!  This block was assembled by someone who wasn't paying attention.

There.  That's better. 

I'd get a lot more done if I didn't have to keep going back and fixing stuff.  You'd think I'd learn...
So, I got a bit more done on the Great Twinkle Project (almost there!) and even puddled around with Allietare a bit.


The blocks at upper left are sewn together, and the ones at lower right were just set down to see what this thing is going to look like.  I'm building blocks by using the components as leader/enders, so progress is slow, but I'm in no hurry for this quilt to be finished.  I think I've finally got all the pieces cut for it (will have to double-check that, because I've been fooled before!) so I'm just going to let it get done in its own time.

And I'm having fun with teensie-weensie 4-patches for the 365 challenge.  These blocks are 3.5" (3" finished), so those 4-patches finish at 1" square.


Because of the International Date Line, those three blocks represent yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  I'm never quite sure if I'm caught up or ahead on this project...



And because it doesn't get much more scrappy than 4-patches made up of 1/2" squares, I'm linking with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.  Come see all the scrappy fun!


9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I loved your first picture! I know I have done that, and more than once! The teeny, tiny four patches are quite amazing!

Chantal said...

Lol. I was sure you got that first picture from my blog but no! I've never made that star so it must be one of yours lol.
I haven't made the last 3 blocks for 362 Challenge yet. There are so cute. Good progress on Allietare. Enjoy the journey. ;^)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Alietare is looking amazing!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is only bad if you sew the same block together incorrectly twice in a row. All of your ocks look great. I can't believe how tiny those last blocks are. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Sally Trude said...

As long as you use the sewing machine more than the seam ripper, you are making progress. And if you don't begrudge your rotary cutter for having to cut fabric, or your sewing machine for having to sew it together, is it fair to begrudge the seam ripper for doing its job? Love from the President of Seam Rippers United (SRU).

Julierose said...

I surely belong to that Seam Ripper Club also!! Just on hourglass squares I get all turned around...I think I am paying attention, but my mind does its wandering act a lot....now which way do I turn it--where do I sew the seam...aaargh Just love your little 365 4-patches--so cute...hugs, Julierose

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am enjoying seeing all your progress on your blocks. You're doing great.

kmkat said...

Oh, I love those teensie-weensie four-patch squares. Stop it -- I do NOT want to be tempted into quilting. (Anytime you want to blog about knitting would okay with me ;-) )

Mystic Quilter said...

Seems like inattention when sewing is catching!!