Clue 5 came out day after Christmas, but I was busily playing with visiting family, so no sewing until today. This week's clue was all sewing and no cutting, using the fruits of our previous labors.
I got 35 done out of the 98 I need. They go together fairly quickly, so it won't take long to wrap this unit up. (Now I'll just have to go back and catch up with clue 4, which I'm abysmally behind on.)
I even got a start on the flippy cornered rectangles. Here you can see the clear advantage of using a geometric fabric:
I didn't have to mark a sewing line on the back, since all I had to do was point and shoot, staying parallel to the lines of the print. Nifty!
And since I like to alternate a little cutting with a little sewing (my back is much happier with me that way), I cut some 3.5" strips and some squares, getting ready for 2016.
And since I was already cutting, I just had to test whether it was feasible to cut the 3" triangles I needed out of 3.5" strips (which I keep on hand anyway) or if I was going to have to cut some dedicated 3" strips. (You know, for that long-term long-range triangle-star-quilt-whose-name-I-keep-forgetting-to-look-up project. The one that I'm not starting but might just cut a triangle for now and then, but only if it's no extra trouble and not distracting in any way from whatever I'm really working on. That one.)
Yep. Looks like it's going to work.
Linking to Bonnie Hunter's Monday Allietare Party. Come see all our pretties!