Well, at least a part of a rainbow. I finished today's project, prepped for the next one, and had a bit of time to sew some more setting triangles to my stormy rainbow.
At the upper right of the photo is the warm corner where I started. Now I'm building up from the opposite corner with the cooler colors. I'll be meeting in the middle with the greens and yellows by the time I'm done. I love how the colors seem to glow in the middle of the quilt.
And while I can't show off the project yet, I have to admit that the piglets kept calling to me until I used the sample blocks to make something fun.
Complete with a freehand quilted heart. I promise I'll show you what I did after the holidays. 8)
And I pushed to get Allietare caught up. My neutral rectangles are all cut, my decapitated geese are done, my 4-patches are done, and I only need 30 more HSTs for clue 1, of which I've got 28 cut out. (I have to get out the gray to cut one more 2" strip in order to cut those last 2 triangles, so I decided to wait until clue 4 came out. Chances are I'll be cutting gray for something, so I'll hit the triangles at the same time.) And I've got way more black squares cut than I need, since I had it in my head that I needed 200 of them, and I only needed 98. I have a feeling I won't have a hard time using up 2" black squares, so I'm not fussed about it.
So bring on Clue 4! Tomorrow is Friday, and I'm so ready!