I've got the back of Katie's Star Patch done, so the next step is to sandwich and baste.
There will be one tricky bit in lining up the back with the front. Here's a process photo, where I've got the star strip for the back stretched out across the front for measuring for placement. Since the quilting is going to follow the patchwork, I want the stars on the back to line up with the stars on the front. Because I'm just that
Here's a peek at the points I'm lining up.
I briefly considered making the back all kinds of complicated, with lots of blocks and strips and patchwork and plain, and then I came to my senses and realized that I really want to finish this quilt in this century.
Back is done. There.
To celebrate, I made a few more Ohio Stars, trying to catch up to the RSC. My goal is to make at least two blocks for each color, and as many more as I feel like. (It's good to have goals.) I didn't get any more reds done for July, but since I have three already, I'm not going to sweat that too much.
February's color was pink, so I'm now halfway done with February. (I have another pink one cut out, but not assembled yet. I keep changing my mind about the center square.) (It's a 4.5" block. I need to get over fussing over a center square that measures 1.5".)
Another purple. Hurray for purple!
And another yellow.
Once I make another pink and a couple light blue for June, I'll be caught up.
As I mentioned in my next-to-last post, I'm having quite a battle with myself, limiting my color use to only the focus color. (This is the real challenge part of the challenge for me.)
Because I was starting to crack, I gave myself a little reward.
An Ohio Star with more colors. Because I've been so very very good.
And with all the blocks running through the machine, those leader/ender four-patches are mounting up nicely.
And a couple more Silly Monkeys showed up.
I might have to make a quilt.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I linked up with ScrapHappy Saturday and Oh, Scrap. Come see all the fun!