Sunday, January 25, 2015

So, Reboot

And I'm back.  Things have changed since last we spoke.  Madman and I have parted.
So, I left behind Vermont and my sheep and my gardens, and moved back to my hometown in upstate NY.  My dad found out that you're never too old for your kids to move back in suddenly.  (I'm sure he thought he was safe from that when he hit eighty...)
So now I've got pigs and alpacas instead of sheep and chickens. 
And there was a moment last fall, as I stood in the dark, in the mud, in the rain, waiting for my dad to drive a roaming pig back my way so I could deflect it into its pen, when I paused for a moment and thought:  yeah, some things never change...


5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear all your adventures!

Mo said...

Welcome back to the blog too! I am looking forward to hearing about your new projects and experiences in 2015.

Anna M said...

Holy shit! While I am sure there is one hell of a story there I am just glad to see you blogging again. Love the hats!

kmkat said...

So glad you are back! Although I knew you were never far away (in blog-speak) because you kept commenting (and thank you for that!). Tell us of your adventures, as much or as little as you want, and tell us of the pigs and alpaca!

amy said...

Glad you're back and that things have calmed down enough that you feel comfortable to share again. Can't wait to see pictures of new animals!