Friday, July 16, 2010

The Goldie Watch begins

As I was feeding the sheep tonight, I paid extra attention to Goldie. Not only is she getting bigger and lumpier, her udder is starting to fill. Lambing is imminent.
We'd figured late July or early August as a rough estimate, but with these signs, I did a little extra math. If she and the boyfriend got right down to business, the earliest possible due date is July 22nd. And considering the fact that sheep hate to be predictable, this means that she could lamb any day now.
Stay tuned...

10 comments:

Joansie said...

Little lambs are so adorable....enjoy!

stace41971 said...

Exciting! I was on udder watch this spring and except for ONE ewe who bagged up WEEKS before she lambed, everyone else bagged 48hours or less before giving birth. Keep us updated!! I can't wait to see your new addition!! :)

Diane said...

This post makes me want to go knit booties......

kate said...

ooooo :D

Erika said...

I FORGOT THAT BABY SHEEPS ARE COMING!!! Yaaaaay!

Bullwinkle said...

Yay! I forgot about this too ;)

Thanks for the reminder - and something to look forward to.

Cookie said...

Yay!

Laurie said...

Wonderful! Toldja.

catsmum said...

Granted my only experience is with goats, but Ms Rosie 'bagged up' so early that I was milking her for a full month before she kidded - for fear of mastitus mainly. Froze/ stored the colostrum of course :)

norma said...

Is this an OK time for a lamb to come? I wish you all the best!

Laughing at Diane wanting to knit booties. :D