Saturday, June 26, 2010

If Silence were Golden, I'd be all yellow and shiny by now...

Busy busy busy. Animals, the garden, work. With the added bonus of visits from kids and grandkids!

The meat bird roosters are now old enough that they're trying to crow.
Picture the sound of a large rusty hinge crossed with a squashed bugle.
Going errrrh or errrk-a or errrrh-errrrrrrh.
Now multiply by about 20.
Yeah, interesting...

I'm still chugging along on Goldie's fleece. Last time I weighed the bumps of carded roving, I had 1.7 pounds, and I've added to the pile since then. I'm sincerely happy that I've got the drum carder up and running again. The last serious amount of fleece I carded was the Cotswold that I did with hand cards, and I swore never to do that again.
I have it in mind to make a sweater. Maybe something cable-y. If I make it big enough to fit Madman, he'll think it's for him and be happy, and it'll still only be a little bit too big for me...

3 comments:

Winterhart said...

Heehee, that sounds like a great plan!

Bullwinkle said...

Love that plan ;) (If I made a sweater for Dude, it would be Dude's sweater. No double duty over here.)

I love the day-dreaming part of sweater planning. So many possibilities!

Anonymous said...

Love the title of this post!