Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Goodbye, little one.


ursulaknits3
Originally uploaded by mangofeet
We had to let our little cat go, today. Renal failure. She had gotten thinner and thinner, and since on her best day, after a big dinner, she only weighed six pounds, the weight loss was devastating.
Ursula was a knitter's cat.
She loved yarn with a passion. I had to keep my yarn locked up, or she would bring me every single skein. And since she always took the scenic route when she was bringing me yarn, I usually had to unwind it from table legs, chairs, desks, and beds, before I could wind it back up again.
I'll miss her little deliveries.
I'll miss her companionship when I knit.
I'll miss her forever.

12 comments:

Joansie said...

It's so sad to lose a beloved pet. Hugs!

Anna M said...

I saw Ryan's post on FB this morning. Sorry to hear about Ursula. It's so hard to lose them and I'm sorry you had to lose her so young. HUGS!!!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm so sorry you lost such a great companion. I lost a cat to Renal failure and its hard because they get so frail.

As an aside, that afghan in the background... my mom did that pattern when I was a kid! I think it's one of the coolest blankets - I think she still has it too!

amy said...

I'm so so sorry for your loss :( She looks like such a sweet kitty. She has such a cute face and was she double-pawed? Hugs to you and madman.

Dorothy said...

Gayle, I'm so sorry. Pets can wrap themselves around our hearts. Sending hugs your way.

Patty said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. When we lose our little companions it can just break our hearts. Sending a hug your way.

Erika said...

Aw, that's so hard. They never last as long as we wish they would. I'm really sorry.

Cookie said...

Oh, Gayle, I am so sorry. That is such a horrible way to lose a kitty. At least, she had a long and lovely yarn-filled life with you.

xo

Bullwinkle said...

I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a little one. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Those little furballs certainly worm their way into our hearts, don't they?

Diane said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Ursula. She sounds like a very special and sweet companion.

Lanea said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I still miss Scath, my best cat ever.