Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Will this hellacious summer never end?

Yesterday, we lost Madman's beloved grandfather. The man was the perfect combination of sweet and mischievous. I met him when M and I first became "an item", and I knew then that I was on the right track. Madman is a great deal like his grandfather, both in looks and outlook. Treasures, both of them. Gramp will be sorely missed.

Today, we lost Odetta.
Grief on top of grief. On top of grief.
Too much.

I want my mom back. I want Gramp back. I want my little black Shetland back.
Too much.

10 comments:

Cookie said...

Oh, honey, I am so sorry.

xo

pacalaga said...

I'm so sorry Gayle.

Diane said...

Oh Gayle, I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. What a miserable summer it's been for you. Please take care.

Norma said...

Gayle, words cannot express.....

I am just so sorry. XO

Joansie said...

These things seem to come in "3's". So sorry for all your losses. Hope you can find some relaxation in your knitting.

margene said...

It is not fair. Sending good thoughts your way as you deal with so much grief. Take care of yourself.

Leigh said...

So sorry Gayle!!!

Laurie said...

I am so sorry. There is just too much grief.

amy said...

I was out of town and didn't know until I read one of your more recent posts. I'm so sorry for your losses. xoxo.

Bobbie Wallace said...

Oh, it's like salt in the wound, isn't it? So many empty spots in one's heart all at once. I wish I could make it all better for you, but I can't. So sending some ((((hugs))) to help you through it all.