Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We have Poinsettia!

I have no idea why I always type that "Poinsettie" and then have to go back and correct it...

So, anyway, I finished Poinsettia. Not blocked yet - our pipes froze AGAIN, and when you're melting snow for water, it's kind of hard to justify using any for soaking a cowl. (We're finally thawed again. Argh. I'll get to the blocking soon!)

I edited my nostrils out of this shot. Be glad.


Pattern: Poinsettia by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Plymouth Galway (I think - I can't find the ball band now. Lovely yarn. Purple with lots of little blips in red, blue, and cream.)
Needles: I used a size 3, rather than the size 4 called for. I still could have gone a size smaller. I'm a very loose knitter.
Mods: None, other than needle size.
The yarn isn't as soft as I'd like, but I think it'll soften up with a good blocking. Love love love the color!



And I may pursue a new career as a Masked Avenger!

5 comments:

Anna M said...

Love the cowl, I really need to knit a few of those. After I finish my UFO stuff....

Anonymous said...

I agree on the color. Hope it warms you in the freezing basement. Ugh. Nothing you can do to protect the pipes in the future?

Anonymous said...

Your Poinsettia is beautiful Gayle! I printed that one off when she designed it, but haven't yet gotten to it - yet..

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love it. Warm, snuggly, handknit & purple- what could be bad???

judy said...

Yeah, when you're melting snow for water, it is hard to use I for anything but the necessities. I remember that it took me three packed 12" high pots of snow for enough to (do a sort of) wash my hair. Sort of.

Your pictures look like my neighborhood. Where are you?