Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Last one on the Monkeywagon...


Monkeysock
Originally uploaded by mangofeet
So after seeing umpty-bazillion monkey socks out there, I finally got around to knitting them myself. I had looked at the pattern when it first came out, but saw ...

1) lace - not a big fan of lace socks - if you're trying to make a nice warm pair of wooly socks, what's the point of knitting holes in them?

2) double YO's - which I have never liked - they make a big sloppy gloopy hole

so I had just skipped the pattern. But, resistance is futile, as they say.

Mods: I used a tubular cast on, because I'm a big fan.
Instead of the double YO, I used a single YO, then on the following row I knit into the YO and increased a stitch with a backwards loop. This gave the same effect, without the big gloopy hole.
And I used size 0 needles, since I'm a very loose knitter...

The toe on the second sock is ready to kitchener. And I like them so much that I'm already planning a second pair...

No comments: