Friday, March 21, 2008

Really, I'm not dead...

First I was out of town, with limited computer access.
Then our computer started acting up, making ghastly growling sounds that got worse the longer it was on. We took to making prairie dog excursions on the computer - popping our heads up for a brief look around, followed by a full shut-down. At first we thought it was the main fan, which involved a long trip to buy a replacement - we live in the boonies, far from any kind of shopping convenience. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the fan on the graphics card that was causing the ruckus, necessitating another trip... (The good news is, my husband drove, so I got in some sock-knitting.)
Then I started a new job - physically exhausting to such an extent that I would drag myself home at the end of the day and fall asleep face-down in my supper... I didn't have the brainpower to read other people's blogs, let alone post on my own. (I think the last time I checked my bloglines, I've got about 85 gabillion posts to read in order to catch up. I'll let you know how that goes.)
By the way, it's still snowing up here. When I see pictures of crocuses & daffodils that other people are posting, I could just weep...

And for the record, they're predicting a nor'easter to hit us next Tuesday. Sigh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't quit on us! And if it makes you feel any better, our daffodils are still stuck under 9 feet of snow too.