Monday, February 11, 2008

sockssockssocks


sockssockssocks
Originally uploaded by mangofeet
This is an experiment - blogging direct from flickr.

This is the post I was going to make before I got so wildly distracted by comments.

I went to the library a short while ago, and when I went to check out my stack of books, the librarian told me that they had just gotten in a couple of new knitting books. Knowing I am always on the lookout for knitting material (they've hunted up many a title for me through inter-library loan), they'd held them aside for me.
Bless their hearts. Ann Budd's "Getting Started Knitting Socks" and Interweave's "Favorite Socks"
Woohoo!
As you can see from the picture, I may have gotten a little excited... I've already finished two pair (and worn the purple ones), though I doubt I'll finish the other sock. I'm an extremely loose knitter, so much so that I usually have to go down a needle size or two to get gauge, and since that sock is already being knit on size 0 and is huge and I don't own any 00 needles, well... Maybe I will finish it, and put it into service as a Christmas stocking.
Purple and green are Christmas colors, right?

No comments: